D-Day for Taeyeon’s solo concert in Manila is less than two weeks away! To celebrate, we’ve recreated one of Taeyeon’s most iconic makeup looks: her ethereal makeup look in the MV, “I” which features fresh apricot, pink and peach colours, with some recommended makeup from Banila Co., a brand Taeyeon herself endorses!
Keep reading to learn how to achieve the look!
- Start off with a clean base. You can use a concealer or eye primer. For your eyebrows, I suggest using a slightly lighter shade than your hair to achieve that pastel-like effect.
- Use a matte beige eyeshadow all over your crease to create a slight shadow effect. This is your transition shade. I suggest Banila Co. Eyecrush Matte Shadow in Nudie Beige.
- Use a matte flesh or bone eyeshadow on your brow bone and blend into the transition.
- Use a matte apricot eyeshadow all over your lid and blend into the transition shade. Apply the same color on your lower lid as well. I suggest using the Banila Co. Eyecrush Matte Shadow in Lazy Pink here.
- Use a blue-toned pink eyeshadow (this can be matte or have a tinge of shimmer, whatever your preference!) only on the middle of your mobile lid (the part of your eyelid that is used for blinking) and apply the same shade on the lower lid. An option here is the Banila Co. Eyecrush Matte Shadow in Shine Pink.
- Use a matte black liquid liner and create a very thin line on your upper lid. Put emphasis only on the wing! Here, I drew my eyeliner at a downward angle rather than upturned. Add a white or beige liner to the lower waterline.
- Apply mascara to both the top and bottom lashes! You can use wispy falsies to achieve that dreamy look.
- Add a pearlescent white gold highlight to the inner corner of your eye and (optional step!) pop in some icy grey or blue contacts. This should be your final look!
- Start with a smooth base! (Unlike me) You can use a sugar scrub or gently brush your lips with a toothbrush and apply lip balm after.
- Add a muted peachy pink lip tint to the center of your lips and spread with your fingers or a cotton bud.
- Optional step! Add a nude lip gloss or matte nude shade to the edge of your lips to create and ombre effect.
FACE AND CHEEKS
BASE: For the face, I decided to use a slightly lighter shade than normal in order to achieve Taeyeon’s effortlessly dreamy vibe, this is completely optional. Using a matte or satin finish also helps complete that soft-blur effect.
CHEEKS: I suggest minimal contouring or using a very light shade. Use a apricot or peach toned blush and apply liberally on the apples of your cheeks, blending out into the upper cheekbone. A beautiful shade to use here is Banila Co.’s Cheer Gradiation Cheek in Yellow Rose!
HIGHLIGHT: Then use a similar highlight shade to your eye’s inner corner highlight to highlight the top of your cheekbones, blending up near the under-eye area.
And voila! You’re ready to belt your heart out and look effortlessly ethereal while doing it. Show us your looks by tagging us @kstreetmanila on Twitter and on Facebook with your photos recreating this look!