Filipino K-Beauty lovers, rejoice! This holiday season just got a little bit more sparkly as AmorePacific, South Korea’s largest cosmetics company, officially launched one of its flagship brands, Laneige, in a grand store opening on December 13, 2018 at the SM Makati Beauty Playground. Together with this store launch, Laneige also kicks off its #ISparkleWithLaneige campaign, encouraging Filipinos to take better care of their skin and find their inner beauty.
Despite the rain, It was a day filled with elegance and sparkle as we welcomed back the return of one of South Korea’s most global cosmetics brands.
We were graced with the presence of AmorePacific ASEAN’s Vice President, Mr. Robin Na; and General Manager of Laneige Philippines, Mr. Kun Hee Claro Lee, to give their opening remarks.
As to why Laneige decided to reopen its doors in the Philippines, Mr. Kun Hee Claro Lee first expressed his gratitude towards the love and support shown for Korean traditions and culture, and addressed that in order to have a closer approach or become more akin to the Filipino consumer, they decided to relaunch here in the Philippines.
We were then treated to a special makeup demo by Laneige Global Artist, Mr. Ryan Lee, who showcased several hot trends in K-beauty makeup, as well as insider makeup tips used on Korean actresses and idols. Here are some tips we learned from him during the demo:
- Always prep the skin with the appropriate skin care! Makeup applies better on a well-prepped face.
- Ryan’s most recommended base product for Philippine weather is the BB Cushion Pore Control pact! An ultra-light, oil-absorbing formula targets shine, delivering a flawless, semi-matte, soft-focus finish.
- An important note made by Ryan as seen on countless K-drama actresses and idols: The makeup must look natural as if the wearer is born with it.
- One way to keep your eyelashes from falling down is to apply the majority of your mascara at the base of the lash, and only applying the remaining product on the wand to the tips of the lash. This is to prevent the mascara from weighing down your eyelashes throughout the day.
- For the lips, Ryan used the Two Tone Lip Bar, A split-bullet, high-gloss, semi-matte lipstick that combines two complementary shades for a trendy ombré effect. A fun tip from Ryan! For that perfect pout, he recommends saying “OPPA” repeatedly until your lipstick has blended to your liking. What a fun concept!
Once the demo was complete, we moved on to the official store opening and guests got to take a first look at Laneige’s wide range of skincare and makeup.
What this means for us Filipino K-Beauty fans? Laneige’s physical store offers easier access to cult favorites such as the Water Sleeping Mask and BB Cushion Pore Control. One thing’s for sure, we can look forward to our next shopping trip to Laneige for all our K-Beauty needs.
Visit Laneige at the SM Store, SM Makati and discover your inner sparkle.
Photos by Ton Romero