We’re only one day away from Dreamcatcher’s concert here in the Philippines! Which means we have another installment of in our Concert Makeup Looks Series! Except this time we’re not just tackling eye makeup, we’re covering hairstyles and giving some hair coloring recommendations to make sure that you’re extra ready to receive that Invitation From Nightmare City.
Starting off with hair styling, we’ve taken inspiration from Dreamcatcher’s latest MV, “PIRI”. Here are four looks that you can achieve yourself:
The Style: Half-Updo Buns and Hairpins
Perfect For: Medium to long hair, preferably layered
- Loosely gather the top half of your hair (allowing front pieces of hair near the face to fall) and tie into a fairly tight ponytail.
- From here you have two options:
- For thick hair: part the ponytail into 3 separate sections. twist each section of hair into its own bun and arrange and secure in place with bobby pins.
- For thin hair: Using mini hair donuts (available at BroadwayGems!), thread your hair into the donut hole and roll the hair around the donut until you reach the end. Think of it like rolling socks! Spread the hair to cover the bun as much as possible, then arrange and secure in place with bobby pins.
- Add a few embellished pins or barrettes to one side of your hair for that extra flair.
The Style: One-Sided Braid
Perfect For: Medium to long color treated hair
- Part your hair as desired, then gather your hair to one side.
- Section your hair into 3 parts.
- Cross the outermost section under the middle section. This will be your new middle section. Then take the other outermost section and cross under the new middle part. Repeat on the other side and alternate until you reach the end of your hair.
- Secure with a hair tie.
- Lightly mist your braid at a distance with hairspray.
- While holding onto the end of the braid with one hand, use your other hand to gently tug on the sections of the braid starting from the bottom and working your way to the top. This will create a fluffier and larger appearance to the braids. Spray again with hairspray as needed.
RELATED: This Month’s Beat: Dreamcatcher
The Style: Wispy J-Curls
Perfect For: Short to Medium Hairstyles
- Part your hair on one side using a zig-zag parting method.
- Using a Flat Iron and a comb, start straightening your hair from the bottom most part of your head and working your way up to the top of your head.
- Start by positioning the comb under the flat iron and guiding it down to the end of your hair.
- Once you are near the end of your hair, curve the flat iron inwards to simulate a J shape with your curls.
- Curl a few pieces of your longer baby hairs inwards towards your face and set with hairspray.
The Style: Messy Wet Set
Perfect For: Very Short to Short Hair
- Apply mousse to damp hair.
- Bend over and blow dry your hair upside down with the hot air blowing down towards your hair. This will create volume in shorter hairstyles.
- Get a hair oil or hair shine serum and coat the ends of your hair until it shines.
- Take a wet gel or glossy pomade and rub a generous amount on your hands. Finger comb through your hair from front to back until you achieve the shape you want. You can use a wide tooth comb and your blower to help guide the strands into place
- Spray with a hairspray to hold.
Now we move on to eye looks! We’ve taken inspiration from the “PIRI” MV as well as the promotional shoot for the new release. Here are two looks that you can copy:
The Style: Dreamy Fresh Eye Makeup
Perfect With: A coral blush and apricot lip tint
- Start off with a clean base. Use an eye primer or concealer.
- Use a matte or satin flesh coloured shadow on the brow bone.
- Apply a beige taupe shade to the crease of your eye or below where you placed your flesh shadow. Blend!
- This should be your result.
- Apply a light brown shadow to your eye. Satin or matte finish shadows are perfect for this.
- Using a smaller brush, apply the same shadow to the lower lid.
- This is your result.
- Use a shimmery golden brown to color the middle of your eyelid, blend using a fluffy brush.
- Use the same eyeshadow on your lower lid.
- We’re getting there!
- Tip: you want the colors to be blended and seamless.
- Using a shimmery pearl eyeshadow, apply this to the inner corner and inner half of the lower lash line.
- Eyeliner time! Use a liquid liner to apply an even line, flicking slightly upward at the end.
- Your eyelid shape will vary, so always start with a smaller line and build until you have the desired thickness.
- One great eyeliner to use here is a felt tip pen or brush tip pen for that very precise line.
- Use a grey or light brown liner on the lower waterline to emphasise the shape of the eye.
- We’re almost done!
- Add a glitter liner on the lower lid just on the inner half.
- Apply mascara to just your upper lashes.
- And voila! This should be your result.
The Style: Mysterious Evening Eye Makeup
Perfect With: A pearlized cheek highlighter and deep berry lip stain
- Start off with a clean base.
- Apply your flesh coloured shade all over the brow bone.
- Apply a beige taupe shadow on your crease to act as your transition shade.
- This is where we should be so far.
- Apply a pink shadow in your crease area slightly below the transition shade.
- Blend the shadows together.
- Apply a fuchsia shade all over the crease right below the pink shade.
- Blend these two colours together. Don’t worry if the middle is messy because we will be covering it later.
- Using a purple or plum shadow, apply on the inner and outer V of the eyelid.
- This is your result.
- Add a shimmery bronze shade to the middle of the eyelid and blend softly with the other colors.
- This should be your result. Make sure to keep saturation of the shimmer in the middle.
- Apply a darker shimmery purple eyeshadow to the outer and inner corner of the lash line, leaving the middle free.
- Deepen the definition with a matte black shadow.
- And this is how it should look.
- Add the same purple you put in your crease to the lower lash line.
- This is where we should be so far.
- Apply a black pencil or kohl liner to the outer half of the inner lash line and smoke it out.
- Apply mascara!
- And this is your final result!
The Style: Hot Pink Locks
Perfect For: Anyone looking to try something new with their hair
Jiu has beautiful pink hair in the new music video, almost bordering on a magenta or fuchsia in some angles in photos. If you have dark colored hair, or don’t want to go too crazy on your hair, our recommendation to achieve this hair color is Etude House’s Hot Style Bubble Hair Color in Wine Red.
Of course, if your hair is lighter, already bleached, or you’re willing to take a walk on the wild side, you can mix Etude House’s Two Tone Treatment Hair Color in Mystery Purple and Spicy Red to achieve that almost magenta mane.
Which looks will you do this March 24th at the Dreamcatcher Manila Concert? Make sure to grab your tickets if you haven’t yet already! More info here: Dreamcatcher reveals Asia tour stops, to visit Manila in March