Photos by Elaine Lim
The most-awaited Philippine K-Pop Convention (KPOPCON) held its 10th run at the SMX Convention Center, SM Aura last March 3.
Around a thousand attendees – both long-time and new K-Pop fans – gathered at the venue to buy fan merchandise from different vendors, as well as to meet and bond with fellow fans.
A total of 30 fan clubs participated, including Big Bang Philippines, EXO Philippines, GOT7 Philippines, IU PH, and MAMAMOO Philippines, to name a few.
The event held its usual line-up of contests, such as the K-Pop Kosplay, K-Pop Singing Star, K-Pop Dance Battle, and the K-Pop Idol Look-a-Like Contest. Lucky fans also had a chance to win prizes from games and raffles.
Proceeds gathered from the event will be going to the beneficiaries, Gawad Kalinga and the Philippine Animal Welfare Society.
Here are the winners of this year’s KPOPCON X competitions:
- K-Pop Singing Star: Popa and Mykee
- K-Pop Dance Battle: 10PM
- L-Pop Kosplay: Jerville De Guzman
- KPOPCON X Look-a-Like Contest: Christine Gildo as SEVENTEEN’s Vernon, Clifford Alvarez as BTS’ Jimin, Hannah Layugan as (G)I-DLE’s Yuqi, Michelle Ilano as TWICE’s Momo
The winners of the 10th Philippine K-Pop Awards are as follows:
- Rookie of the Year (Male) – Stray Kids
- Rookie of the Year (Female) – I*ZONE
- Best Collaboration – IU and Zico
- Best Male Solo Artist – Seungri
- Best Female Solo Artist – Jennie
- Best Male Group – BTS
- Best Female Group – Twice
- Song of the Year – “Love Scenario” by iKON
- Album of the Year – Don’t Mess Up My Tempo by EXO
- Best Booth – SEVENTEEN PH
- Fanclub of the Year – BTS Philippines
- Recognition Award – Shinhwa Philippines, Big Bang Philippines, Girls’ Generation Philippines
Congratulations to all the winners!
Check out the photos from the event:
We would like to thank the Philippine K-Pop Convention, Inc. for inviting KStreetManila to cover the event.