This is a press release.
[Singapore] – OnlyOneOf has launched a contest for “dOra maar” with US$100,000 up for grabs, one of the biggest giveaways of its kind. The group is inviting music lovers worldwide to submit English lyrics for their song “dOra maar.” The contest closes on March 31, 2020.
A new international version of “dOra maar,” with the winning lyrics, will be recorded and released by OnlyOneOf. The winner will receive US$100,000 in prize money and will also be named in the credits of OnlyOneOf’s upcoming album.
The track “dOra maar” was released on January 30, 2020. Inspired by Dora Maar, one of Picasso’s six muses, the song is connected to “picassO” from their debut mini-album dot point jump.
Thus far, the reception of the contest has exceeded expectations, drawing not only K-Pop fans but also professional musicians from all corners of the globe.
In response, the group expressed, “We are grateful for this enthusiastic response from all over the world, and we hope that this is a contest everyone can enjoy. As these lyrics are the fruits of each participant’s hard work, we will carefully listen to each and every entry.”
The contest will run until March 31, 2020, Korean Standard Time. Interested parties may follow the steps below to submit an entry:
- Translate the full Korean lyrics of “dOra maar” into English or reinterpret the entire song in English.
- Upload to YouTube a recording of you singing your version of the song against the official instrumental track. This may be a video of you singing, a lyric video, or an audio-only video. There is no need for you to appear in the video. The instrumental track to “dOra maar” may be found here.
- In the video description, include the full English lyrics, as well as the hashtags #OnlyOneOf and #doramaar. At the top of the description, include your name(s) or nickname(s), the group’s name (if applicable), and your country of residence.
- Include #OnlyOneOf and #doramaar in the tags.
- Include “OnlyOneOf dOra maar contest” in the title field.
Entries will be accepted regardless of age or country of residence. Both group and individual submissions are welcome, with no limit on the number of members in each group. Multiple submissions are also allowed for participating individuals or groups. Fans and aspiring musicians may enter the contest from now until March 31, 2020.